Virgin Trains have been operating for over 12 years and are one of the most experienced train companies in Britain.
Virgin Trains route extends from London all the way to Glasgow in Scotland, connecting the two cities with a journey time of 4.5 hours.
Virgin Trains Route
Virgin Trains operate rail services in and out of London Euston, acting as a gateway to the 401 mile-long West Coast Main Line. The West Coast Main Line stretches from London to the North of England, Scotland, and West Wales,taking in the spectacular scenery of the Lake District and North Wales Coastline.
Cashback for your Virgin train tickets purchase
Raileasy have teamed up with Great British Discounts to offer a fantastic £20 cash back for your rail ticket purchase and a free trial membership of the Great British Discounts programme. Enjoy huge discounts at everyday high street shops such as Boots and Debenhams and with top brands online. Find out more here
Popular Virgin Trains Destinations
- Virgin trains run services to many major mainline stations in the UK, including: Birmingham New Street, Liverpool Lime Street, Manchester Piccadilly, Preston, Holyhead, Glasgow Central, and Edinburgh.
- The Virgin Trains route also passes through other popular destinations including The Eastern lakes of the Lake District, Northampton, Crewe, Watford, Milton Keynes, Stafford and Lancaster.
Virgin Trains Network Map (© Virgin Trains)
Popular Virgin Trains Fares:
There are some fantastic cheap rail fares available for travel on the Virgin Trains route. Check out our favourites below:
London - Manchester From £12.00*
Birmingham - London From £7.50*
London - Liverpool From £12.00*
Glasgow London From £14.50*
*Please note that the fares shown above are single advance fares for travel up to 12 weeks in advance from 29/12/11. Advance fares are sold subject to availability and are not available on all routes.
Trains to Dublin
Travel from London to Dublin with a Sail Rail ticket. The ticket includes the ferry and train travel. Virgin Train services stop a short distance from the ferry terminal in Holyhead and are timetabled to connect with ferry services to ensure a seamless onward journey
Travelling with Virgin Trains
- Virgin Trains operate two different kinds of train, Super Voyager and Pendolino trains. Pendolino trains run between London Euston. Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool and Glasgow.
- Super Voyager trains run between Euston, Chester, North Wales, the West Midlands and Scotland.
Virgin Trains First Class
Virgin Trains First class travellers can enjoy reclining seats, more leg room, a reading light, power sockets, a table and free wifi*. Award-winning food is served Monday to Friday with a 'great British Breakfast' before 10am and a full evening meal menu between 17.00 and 19.00*.
All Virgin Business, First Class Open and Advance First ticket holders are entitled to access to the exclusive designer, First Class lounges on their day of travel. First class lounges may be found at: London Euston, Birmingham Intl, Birmingham New Street, Coventry, Crewe, Liverpool Lime Street, Manchester Piccadilly, Runcorn, Stoke-on-Trent and Wolverhampton.
*First class services vary depending on time and route
- All Virgin trains have an onboard shop offering a wide selection of sandwich drinks and snacks
- All standard class table seats are equipped with power sockets and all trains have boosted mobile phone signals
- Wi-Fi is available in standard class on a pay as you go basis
Virgin Trains Contact Details
FREEPOST BM 6613,
PO BOX 713,
Cycle Reservations Tel: 08457 222 333
Assisted Travel Tel: 08457 443366