Virgin Trains East Coast
Virgin Trains East Coast typically operates around 155 rail services each weekday and carry more than 18 million passengers annually. The Virgin Trains East Coast route comprises over 920 miles of track and passes through 53 railway stations.
East Coast Mainline services are currently operated by Virgin Trains. Virgin Trains took over the route in March 2015 and prior to this the East Coast Mainline franchise was state owned.
Virgin Trains East Coast Routes
- With a fleet of 43 trains, Virgin Trains East Coast operates fast, frequent passenger rail services on the flagship East Coast Main Line between London King's Cross, the East Midlands, Yorkshire, the North East of England and Scotland and manages 12 stations along the route.
- Virgin Trains East Coast rail services run from London as far north as Inverness and Aberdeen.
- Virgin Trains East Coast manages the UK's premier intercity train service which links the capital cities of England and Scotland and many other regional and historic cities in between.
- Leeds, Newcastle, York, Edinburgh, Glasgow and London are all served by East Coast train services. Other popular destinations on the Virgin Trains East Coast route include Harrogate and Lincoln.
Virgin Trains East Coast Map (© Virgin Trains East Coast)
Top Virgin Trains East Coast Fares
There are some fantastic cheap advance fares available for travel on the East Coast route. Check out our favourites below:
London - Edinburgh from £30.00*
London - York From £14.50*
Newcastle - London From £17.00*
Leeds - London From £14.50*
*Please note that the fares shown above are single advance fares for travel up to 12 weeks in advance from 08.01.16. Advance fares are sold subject to availability and are not available on all routes.
Virgin Trains East Coast European Connections
In the South, Virgin Trains East Coast services depart from and terminate at London Kings Cross station, which is linked to London St Pancras International, providing excellent links to the Continent via the Eurostar, including direct trains to European cities such as Brussels, Lille and Paris.
On-board Virgin Trains East Coast
Virgin trains East Coast has a reputation for quality dining and the food served on board is locally sourced, British food, wherever possible. Breakfast and supper are served on selected trains. First class passengers enjoy:
- At seat service, some trains even have dining cars.
- A complementary tea, coffee or orange juice with a selected snack. For journeys over 70minutes, a fuller catering service is provided for 1st class passengers.
- Free Wifi and a plug socket at your seat
First Class Virgin trains East Coast Lounges
First class lounges are located at: London Kings Cross, Leeds, Newcastle, Edinburgh Waverley, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Wakefield Westgate and Doncaster. Facilities include complimentary refreshments, a selection of newspapers, Wi Fi, and access to photocopiers, faxes and workstations. Meeting rooms are also available for hire at Leeds, Newcastle and Edinburgh Stations. Please note that First class advance ticket holders must purchase a supplement ticket to use the lounges.
Standard Class facilities
- All Virgin Trains East Coast Trains are equipped with a CaféBAR, offering a wide selection of hot and cold food and beverages.
- Standard class passengers can enjoy complimentary Wi Fi access for 15 minutes with for a small charge for further usage.
- Quiet coaches are available for both standard and 1st class passengers
Virgin Trains East Coast Customer Service Contact Details
Primary phone: 03457225333
Cycle Reservations https://www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/rail-travel/your-journey/cycles/
Assisted Travel Tel: 03457 225 225