South West Trains
South West Trains operate short commuter services as well as long distance services from London to the South West.
About South West Trains
South West Trains is a Train Operating Company of the UK owned by the Stagecoach Group, Island Line which provides rail services on the Isle of Wight is also operated by Stagecoach South Western.
South West Trains Route
- South West trains provide rail services throughout Hampshire, Surrey, Dorset, Wiltshire, Berkshire, Devon, Somerset, Cornwall, and Greater London.
- London Waterloo rail station is the hub of the South West Trains rail network and they run around 1,700 trains per day calling at over 200 stations.
- London Waterloo connects to The Jubilee, Waterloo & City and the Bakerloo London Underground Lines, with over ground connections to the South East, including East Sussex, West Sussex, Middlesex and Kent.
South West Trains Network Map (© South West Trains)
Popular South West Stations
South West Trains popular destinations and mainline stations include Southampton Central, Portsmouth rail stations, Bristol Temple Meads, Salisbury, Exeter, Reading, Basingstoke, Guilford and Weymouth.
Onboard South West Trains
- Passengers can enjoy at seat trolley service catered for by Rail Gourmet for light refreshments and snacks during their journey, including wine, spirits and beer. The buffet service is available on all London trains to and from Bournemouth, Portsmouth and Exeter, and on some peak services between Bournemouth and Portsmouth.
- If you are travelling at the weekend, why not take advantage of the £5.00 weekend upgrade? Simply sit in fast class and the guard will come round and charge the excess. Please note this is NOT available for advance ticket holders.
- Oyster cards are now accepted on all South West London routes, and by May 2011 you will be able to top up your Oyster card at every South West station in London.
Cycle reservations Tel: 0845 6000 650
Assisted Travel Tel: 0800 52 82 100