Nearest Railway Station: Bangor
Winch-pull your way to a Wet and Wild Weekend at Wakestock in Wales!
Wakestock has quickly established itself as Europe's largest music and wakeboarding festival. Wakeboarding was created through a Californian's thirst to surf when waves were lacking, and across the Atlantic, Llyn Peninsula provides the perfect location for some wakeboarding action. Already renowned for surfing and sailing, the area is full of silky, sandy beaches, pretty villages and homely pubs all in the back-drop Snowdonia National Park.
When: 8-9-10 July
Where: Cardigan Bay, Wales
Travel: The closest railway station to the festival site is Bangor, a shuttle bus will be provided to the site during the festival weekend, costing £7.50 each way. The festival site is connected to the two wake-boarding sites by a shuttle bus service that costs £5.00 for the whole weekend.
Friday: The high octane weekend is kicked off with the qualifiers round at Pwllhelli. The world's greatest wakeboarders battle it out to see who can harness the waters best and secure a place in Saturday's finals
Saturday: Last year saw Americans take all three prime podium positions at the pro finals, so this year is sure to bring out some fiery British competition, especially considering there are thousands of pounds at stake!
Sunday: The tense two hour wakeboarding jam session sees all the wakeboarders push the boundaries to find out who can boot themselves highest and claim Mystic Big Air Winner 2011 title. The Pool Gap Finals are also held on the Sunday, the Pool gap is a custom built pool in the centre of the festival site with three gnarly rails providing the perfect platform for the riders to showcase their skills.
Friday: Critics Choice Winner Ellie Goulding joins the underground cross-over sensations Chase & Status to kick off the high powered weekend
Saturday: Liverpool's finest indie band, The Wombats headline Saturday's slot
Sunday: Best British Group 2011 at the Brits, Biffy Clyro close the festivities on the Sunday. Wakestock is one of only three shows the Scottish band is playing this summer!
Click here to view the rest of the line-up
COMPETITION NOW CLOSED THE WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY.
Terms and Conditions
1. The competition prize is 1 x pair Standard Adult Wakestock Weekend Tickets (RRP £125.00).
2. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
3. The closing date for entries is 11:59PM on Wednesday 15th June 2011.
4. Entry to the competition is free. No purchase necessary.
5. The competition is open to individual residents of the UK aged 18 or over, except employees of Raileasy and Wakestock or their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition, including the third-party promotional partners.
6. Winners will be responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize, as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
7. The winners will be drawn at random and notified by phone or email by 6PM on Friday 17th June 2011.
8. The winner has 72 hours (until 6PM on Monday 20th June) to confirm acceptance of their prize, otherwise the promoters reserve the right to redraw the prize and select another winner from the entries that were received before the closing date.
9. Submission of a competition entry will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
10. All Wakestock tickets are subject to availability.
12. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.