Trains To Liverpool
Why Book Trains To Liverpool
Boasting everything from the Tate Liverpool and the Beatles Museum to the Merseyside Maritime Museum as well as stylish bars and restaurants, The Albert Dock is Liverpool’s No 1 visitor attraction. Elsewhere you'll find the Anglican and Metroploitan Cathedrals the Philarmonic Hall, home ot the world class Liverpool Philharmonic orchestra. Just outside the city lies Aintree, famous for the Grand National. If you love shopping, Liverpool offers an array of centres and streets offering designer boutiques, major high street stores, huge department stores and more. On Mathew Street you'll find the Cavern Walks with designer labels aplenty whilst The Met Quarter has some of the hottest brands along with great artwork to admire. In the heart of the city Church Street offers you high street stores. Liverpool is also the home of Liverpool FC. and their rivals Everton.
Book Early for the cheapest trains to Liverpool
Booking trains to Liverpool in advance, could save you anything up to 80% on the usual cost of day of departure tickets. The cheapest train tickets to Liverpool, known as advance type tickets normally become available around 12 weeks in advance of the date of travel. Take a look at how much you could save by booking trains to Liverpool early.
|Journey||Walk up fare price*||Advance Ticket price*||Saving|
|Bristol - Liverpool||£75.00||From Just £25.20||£49.50|
|Birmingham-Liverpool||£25.90||From Just £9.00||£16.90|
|Edinbugh - Liverpool||£67.10||From Just £16.50||£50.60|
|Glasgow - Liverpool||£67.00||From Just £16.50||£50.50|
|London - Liverpool||£78.70||From Just 12.50||£66.20|
|Manchester-Liverpool||£11.90||From Just £4.00||£7.90|
|Norwich - Liverpool||£121.50||From Just £23.50||£98.00|
|Newcastle-Liverpool||£69.40||From Just £20.00||£49.40|
|York-Liverpool||£44.80||From Just £12.00||£32.80|
* Walk on fares shown are a mixture of super off-peak, off peak singles and anytime singles where off peak tickets are not available. Advance fares shown are all advance singles for standard class travel only available in advance and sold subject to availability.
Rail Routes To Liverpool
Many train companies operate trains to Liverpool. Merseyrail runs electrical trains to Liverpool and the surrounding Merseyside region. Northern Rail and First TransPennine operate trains to Liverpool from the Northern cities, Virgin runs from Glasgow, Edinburgh and London Euston via Birmingham and Manchester, Arriva Trains Wales from Wales, East Midlands from London and Birmingham via Sheffield and Leeds and London Midland from London.
Trains to Liverpool from the rest of the country mainly terminate at Liverpool Lime Street station. and Liverpool Central is the other major station located in the city centre. There are also many rail stations in and around Liverpool, including Liverpool South Parkway in the southern suburbs for John Lennon Airport.
Tips For Finding Cheap Trains To Liverpool
1. Check our Cheapest Fare Finder
- If you're completely flexible with your travel times, our realtime cheapest fare finder tool is just the ticket to finding cheap trains to Liverpool!
- Our cheapest fare finder tool searches a wider time frame than our ordinary search to flag up cheaper train tickets at different times of the day.
- Just click on the 'advanced options' tab on the bottom left hand side of the booking engine and select the option marked 'find the cheapest fares throughout the day'
Try Booking Split Tickets
- If there are no cheap advance rail fares on your route or you need flexible rail tickets, split ticketing or breaking the journey down into two or more smaller portions with a separate train ticket for each section could be the key to finding cheap trains to Liverpool.
- In many cases you won't even need to leave the train. Split ticket savings are available on 100s of routes across the National Rail network and are not limited to specific rail journeys or to particular train companies.
3. Tips For Finding Cheap Trains To London
- Cheap train tickets are only available in limited quantities and are sold on a first come, first served basis so if you know you're going to be travelling, plan ahead and book well in advance.
- Cheap train tickets are often available until 6pm the night before travel, so even if you've left it till to the last minute, cheap train tickets offering savings of up to 30% on the cost of tickets bought on the day, could still be on sale.
- Cheap advance train tickets normally limit you to travelling on the trains booked. Even if you can't commit to travelling on a specific train, avoid travelling in rush hour- travelling off peak is cheaper!
- If you don't mind travelling for longer for cheaper, try searching for slower/overtaken trains to find cheaper trains to Liverpool
- If more than one company operates services along your route or there is more than one way to get to your destination e.g. going via, or avoiding London, comparing different train companies and different routes could save you £££s
So don't delay, check your route for cheap trains to Liverpool with Raileasy today, planning ahead could save you a small fortune!