Train To Newcastle
Why Book A train To Newcastle?
Newcastle is a city with culture and style. The castle keep and the views from the battlements are a definite must see. The most famous landmark in Newcastle is probably the ''Angel of the North ' but other iconic sights include the Tyne Bridge and the Gateshead Millennium Bridge. Recent development has made the Quayside a modern environment for arts, music, bars and night club. Shopping ranges from high street names and department stores in Eldon Square and the Metro Centre whilst designer labels can be bought on Princess Square. Newcastle's premier division football club attracts over 50,000 fans for home games, and the city also has a first class racetrack featuring both flat and jump racing.
Book Early for the cheapest trains to Newcastle
Booking trains to Newcastle in advance, could save you anything up to 80% on the usual cost of day of departure tickets. The cheapest train tickets to Newcastle, known as advance type tickets normally become available around 12 weeks in advance of the date of travel. Take a look at how much you could save by booking trains to Newcastle early.
|Journey||Walk up fare price*||Advance Ticket price*||Saving|
|Bristol - Newcastle||£148.70||From Just £46.60||£102.10|
|Birmingham-Newcastle||£105.50||From Just £31.70||£73.80|
|Edinburgh - Newcastle||£48.00||From Just £9.60||£38.40|
|Glasgow - Newcastle||£60.90||From Just £11.25||£49.65|
|London - Newcastle||£120.90||From Just £29.00||£91.90|
|Manchester-Newcastle||£64.90||From Just £15.50||£49.40|
|Norwich - Newcastle||£115.70||From Just £18.50||£97.20|
|Cardiff -Newcastle||£153.30||From Just £48.00||£105.30|
|York - Newcastle||£34.70||From Just £7.10||£127.60|
* Walk on fares shown are a mixture of super off-peak, off peak singles and anytime singles where off peak tickets are not available. Advance fares shown are all advance singles for standard class travel only available in advance and sold subject to availability.
Rail Routes To Newcastle
Trains to Newcastle run northward to Edinburgh and south to London King's Cross the East Coast Main Line.via Durham, York, Leeds and Peterborough, with a journey time of just under 3 hours to London. Most long distance trains are operated by Virgin Trains East Coast. Services are also operated by Crosscountry providing direct links with Plymouth, Exeter, Bristol, Sheffield and Derby. Northern Rail runs local trains to Newcastle from the North of England, and First TransPennine Express operates local trains to Newcastle from the south.
The Tyne and Wear Metro consists of two lines. It provides transport to the city's suburbs, a link to Newcastle Airport and connects Newcastle upon Tyne with Gateshead, Tyneside and Sunderland. The Metro . The main railway station lies in the heart of the city
Tips For Finding Cheap Trains To Newcastle
1. Check our Cheapest Fare Finder
- If you're completely flexible with your travel times, our realtime cheapest fare finder tool is just the ticket to finding cheap trains to London!
- Our cheapest fare finder tool searches a wider time frame than our ordinary search to flag up cheaper train tickets at different times of the day.
- Just click on the 'advanced options' tab on the bottom left hand side of the booking engine and select the option marked 'find the cheapest fares throughout the day.'
Try Booking Split Tickets
- If there are no cheap advance rail fares on your route or you need flexible rail tickets, split ticketing or breaking the journey down into two or more smaller portions with a separate train ticket for each section could be the key to finding a cheap train to Newcastle.
- In many cases you won't even need to leave the train. Split ticket savings are available on 100s of routes across the National Rail network and are not limited to specific rail journeys or to particular train companies.
3. Tips For Finding Cheap Trains To Newcastle
- Cheap train tickets are only available in limited quantities and are sold on a first come, first served basis so if you know you're going to be travelling, plan ahead and book well in advance.
- Cheap train tickets are often available until 6pm the night before travel, so even if you've left it till to the last minute, cheap train tickets offering savings of up to 30% on the cost of tickets bought on the day, could still be on sale.
- Cheap advance train tickets normally limit you to travelling on the trains booked. Even if you can't commit to travelling on a specific train, avoid travelling in rush hour- travelling off peak is cheaper!
- If you don't mind travelling for longer for cheaper, try searching for slower/overtaken trains to find cheaper trains to London
- If more than one company operates services along your route or there is more than one way to get to your destination e.g. going via, or avoiding London,comparing different train companies and different routes could save you £££s
So don't delay, check your route for cheap trains to Newcastle with Raileasy today, planning ahead could save you a small fortune!