Train To Bristol
Why Take A train to Bristol?
Once a key trading centre, today Bristol's harbour is lined with attractions, restaurants, museums and cinemas along with historic vessels such as Brunel's SS Great Britain and hosts many festivals throughout the year. Other popular sights include the Clifton Suspension Bridge and Bristol Zoo Gardens , home to over 400 exotic and endangered species. The city also offers some of the finest shopping facilities in the country at Cabot Circus. Here you'll find over 120 shops including Harvey Nichols, House of Fraser, Lacoste and Apple. Bristol has two professional football teams Bristol City and Bristol Rovers and Bristol Rugby are their Guiness Rugby Union Team. Bristol also plays host to Gloucester County Cricket Club.
Book Early for the cheapest train to Bristol
Booking a train to Bristol in advance, could save you anything up to 80% on the usual cost of day of departure tickets. The cheapest train tickets to Bristol , known as advance type tickets normally become available around 12 weeks in advance of the date of travel. Take a look at how much you could save by booking trains to Bristol early.
|Journey||Walk up fare price*||Advance Ticket price*||Saving|
|Cambridge-Bristol||£66.50||From Just £21.00||£45.60|
|Birmingham-Bristol||£53.00||From Just £15.80||£37.20|
|Edinburgh - Bristol||£168.60||From Just £50.50||£118.30|
|London - Bristol||£32.50||From Just £15.00||£17.50|
|Manchester-Bristol||£82.70||From Just £26.20||£56.50|
|Norwich - Bristol||£113.60||From Just 24.40||£89.20|
|Newcastle-Bristol||£178.20||From Just £46.60||£102.10|
|York-Bristol||£152.70||From Just 33.40||£80.20|
* Walk on fares shown are a mixture of super off-peak, off peak singles and anytime singles where off peak tickets are not available. Advance fares shown are all advance singles for standard class travel only available in advance and sold subject to availability.
Rail Routes To Bristol
First Great Western operates most of the trains to Bristol. Trains from London take around 1h 40, with 4 trains departing from London Paddington every hour including 2 direct trains. South West Trains also operates services to Bristol from Hampshire and Sussex whilst Cross Country Trains services provide direct links with Exeter Birmingham, Sheffield, Leeds, York, Newcastle and Edinburgh. There are also direct connections with Cardiff, Swansea and Gloucester.
Bristol has two stations, trains to Bristol run to the central hub Bristol Temple Meads station or to Bristol Parkway station in the Northern suburbs.
Tips For Finding Cheap Trains To Bristol
Check our Cheapest Fare Finder
- If you're completely flexible with your travel times, our realtime cheapest fare finder tool is just the ticket to finding cheap trains to Bristol!
- Our cheapest fare finder tool searches a wider time frame than our ordinary search to flag up cheaper train tickets at different times of the day.
- Just click on the 'advanced options' tab on the bottom left hand side of the booking engine and select the option marked 'find the cheapest fares throughout the day'
Try Booking Split Tickets
- If there are no cheap advance rail fares on your route or you need flexible rail tickets, split ticketing or breaking the journey down into two or more smaller portions with a separate train ticket for each section could be the key to finding cheap trains to Bristol.
- In many cases you won't even need to leave the train. Split ticket savings are available on 100s of routes across the National Rail network and are not limited to specific rail journeys or to particular train companies.
Tips For Finding Cheap Trains To Bristol
- Cheap train tickets are only available in limited quantities and are sold on a first come, first served basis so if you know you're going to be travelling, plan ahead and book well in advance.
- Cheap train tickets are often available until 6pm the night before travel, so even if you've left it till to the last minute, cheap train tickets offering savings of up to 30% on the cost of tickets bought on the day, could still be on sale.
- Cheap advance train tickets normally limit you to travelling on the trains booked. Even if you can't commit to travelling on a specific train, avoid travelling in rush hour- travelling off peak is cheaper!
- If you don't mind travelling for longer for cheaper, try searching for slower/overtaken trains to find cheaper trains to Bristol
- If more than one company operates services along your route or there is more than one way to get to your destination e.g. going via, or avoiding London, comparing different train companies and different routes could save you £££s.
So don't delay, check your route for cheap trains to Bristol with Raileasy today, planning ahead could save you a small fortune!