Need To Book Train Tickets?
When you need train tickets, look no further than Raileasy. Our clear, impartial and easy to use website means that booking train tickets online has never been simpler.
Book train tickets with the train travel experts and you could save up to 80% on the normal price of day of departure tickets when you book early. Even if you wait until the night before travel to book your train tickets could still save up to 30% on the cost of travel.
Booking Your Train Tickets
- It's real easy to book train tickets with Raileasy! Simply enter your journey details into the booking engine above and we will show you the best savings for your journey.
- Once you have entered the details of your journey, we will display all the possible train times and fares.
- Finish booking your train tickets by selecting a time and fare, then enter the required information into the empty boxes and press the green buttons at the bottom of each page.
UK Train Tickets Explained
Uk train tickets fall into three categories, advance, off peak and anytime. Each type offers different levels of flexibility. Picking the right train tickets for your needs could save you a small fortune.
o Advance train tickets, the cheapest type of rail fares need to be booked in advance of travel and are subject to availability. Although they are non refundable and only valid on the date and time shown on the train ticket, they can be amended subject to an admin fee and any difference in the price of the fare. Advance train tickets are available up to 12 weeks in advance and offer great value for money compared to buying train tickets on the day and a seat reservation is guaranteed.
o Off peak train tickets are more flexible than advance train tickets and allow travel at times when trains are not likely to be busy. They are refundable and may require you to travel on specific days, at certain times or on a particular route.
o Anytime train tickets are the most flexible of UK train tickets, enabling travel at any time, on any train and to break your journey at stations on your route if you want to. If you're plans are likely to change and you don't want to limit your travel to particular trains, these train tickets are ideal for you
Four Tips For Finding The Best Train Tickets
Apart from booking early, there are a host of other ways to save money on your train tickets
- Book train tickets with Raileasy! Our smart booking engine will always default to show cheap train tickets, the cheapest available at the time, so you do not have to root around to find a good deal. Sometimes the cheapest train tickets may be two single tickets so we will also compare two singles with a return.
- Use our cheapest fare finder. Our nifty new tool, allowing you to search for trains over a wider time frame is a quick and easy way to locate the cheapest train tickets for your journey. Just click on the advanced options tab beneath the booking engine and check the box marked 'find cheapest fares throughout the day.'
- Get a railcard If you are a regular traveller and eligible for one, it may be worth investing in a Railcard. Railcards can give passengers amazing discounts of up to a 1/3 off train tickets.
- Compare alternative routes and operators. When two or more train companies operate trains on your line or there are or there are different routes you can take to get to your destination, for instance going via or avoiding London, it's often worth comparing routes to find cheaper train tickets
Ticket Delivery Options
With Raileasy you can book train tickets for services on all routes operated by all of the UK train companies and opt either to have them sent out by post or book as TOD (ticket on departure), where you collect them at the station. The site offers all types of train tickets.
If you opt to collect your train tickets at the station, tickets can be collected at any time after you make your rail booking, from any station with collection facilities
If you want to book trains we recommend planning ahead and booking anything up to 12 weeks in advance to get the cheapest rail fares. Train tickets booked in advance could save you £££s.