Looking for Train Tickets?
Whether you're interested in cheaper fixed time advance train tickets, flexible off peak or anytime tickets, split train tickets or want to enjoy the comfort of travelling first class, Raileasy are here to help you find the train tickets that best suit your needs!
Advance Train Tickets
Train tickets booked in advance, could save you anything up to 80% on the usual cost of day of departure tickets. The cheapest train tickets, known as advance type tickets normally become available around 12 weeks in advance of the date of travel
Typical journey prices
Take a look at how much you could save by booking advance train tickets
|Journey||Walk up fare price*||Advance Ticket price*||Saving|
|London - Bath||£42.00||From Just £15.00||£27.00|
|London - Bristol||£42.00||From Just £15.00||£27.00|
|London - Norwich||£49.50||From Just £8.00||£41.50|
|London - Manchester||£78.70||From Just £12.50||£66.20|
|London - Leicester||£79.50||From Just £10.00||£69.50|
|Birmingham - London||£49.50||From Just £7.50||£42.00|
|Cardiff - London||£54.00||From Just £18.30||£35.70|
|Liverpool - London||£78.70||From Just £12.50||£66.20|
|Brighton - London||£16.30||From Just £5.00||£11.30|
|York - London||£53.60||From Just £14.60||£39.00|
* Walk on fares shown above all off peak singles. Advance fares shown are all advance singles for standard class travel only available up to 12 weeks in advance and sold subject to availability.
Off Peak and Anytime Train Tickets
- Unlike advance train tickets, which limit you to travelling on a specific train, Off peak train tickets are more flexible than advance train tickets and allow travel at times when trains are not likely to be busy. They are refundable and may require you to travel on specific days, at certain times or on a particular route.
- Anytime train tickets are the most flexible of UK train tickets, enabling travel at any time, on any train and to break your journey at stations on your route if you want to. If you're plans are likely to change and you don't want to limit your travel to particular trains, these train tickets are ideal for you
Booking Train Tickets with Raileasy
The Raileasy website is fully National Rail accredited and sells train tickets for services operated by all train companies in the UK. As an independent, impartial retailer our site will always default to display the cheapest train tickets available for your journey unless you specify otherwise
Tips For Saving Money on the Cost of Train Tickets
1. Check our Cheapest Fare Finder
- If you're prepared to be completely flexible with your travel times, our realtime cheapest fare finder tool is just the ticket to finding cheap train tickets!
- Our cheapest fare finder tool searches a wider time frame than our ordinary search to flag up cheaper train tickets at different times of the day.
- Just click on the 'advanced options' tab on the bottom left hand side of the booking engine and select the option marked 'find the cheapest fares throughout the day'
2. Try Booking Split Train Tickets
- If there are no cheap advance train tickets on your route or you need flexible rail tickets, split ticketing or breaking the journey down into two or more smaller portions with a separate train ticket for each section could be the key to finding cheap train tickets.
- In many cases you won't even need to leave the train. Split ticket savings are available on hundreds of routes across the National Rail network and are not limited to specific rail journeys or to particular train companies.
3. General Hints For Finding Cheap Train Tickets
- Cheap train tickets are only available in limited quantities and are sold on a first come, first served basis so if you know you're going to be travelling, plan ahead and book well in advance.
- Advance type train tickets are often available until 6pm the night before travel, so even if you've left it till to the last minute, cheap train tickets offering savings of up to 30% on the cost of tickets bought on the day, could still be on sale.
- Even if you can't commit to travelling on a specific train, avoid travelling in rush hour- travelling on off peak train tickets is cheaper!
- If you don't mind travelling for longer for cheaper, try searching for slower/overtaken trains to find cheaper train tickets
- If more than one company operates services along your route or there is more than one way to get to your destination e.g. going via, or avoiding London,comparing different train companies and different routes could save you £££s.
So don't delay, check your route for train tickets with Raileasy today, planning ahead could save you a small fortune!